You are all welcome to FAMILY FORUM in the precious name of our Lord Jesus Christ, a program focussing on the survival of our families in this broken society.
The family occupies a pivotal place in every society and generation. It is indeed the bedrock of the church and nation. Healthy families produce healthy churches. The moral, intellectual and spiritual level of any nation is a function of the family level; that is why most of the nation’s problems could only be combat at the family level.
God’s perfect design is for the family to provide an ultimate fellowship between one man and one woman thereby creating a good environment that will enhance the raising of godly children. As the family organism was initiated by God, I am very sure that this programme will be of utmost interest to Him.
Our society, especially in the United Kingdom is a broken society. Knife crime, juvenile delinquency, wasted lives etc. are all signs of the brokenness. The thread that links it all together passes, through family breakdown, drugs, poverty and failing schools but it is a thread that goes deeper, as we see a society that is in danger of losing its sense of personal responsibility, social responsibility, common decency and, yes, even public morality.
The Prime Minister, David Cameron in a paper presented in Scotland some time ago said “We as a society have been far too sensitive. In order to avoid injury to people’s feelings, in order to avoid appearing judgemental, we have failed to say what needs to be said. We have seen a decades-long erosion of responsibility, of social virtue, of self-discipline, respect for others … Instead we prefer moral neutrality, a refusal to make judgments about what is good and bad behaviour, right and wrong behaviour. Bad. Good. Right. Wrong. These are words that our political system and our public sector scarcely dare use any more.” All in the name of political correctness. How can our families survive in this broken society?!
He went on to say “Our relationships crack up, our marriages break down, and we fail as parents and as citizens just like everyone else. …. Refusing to use these words – right and wrong – means a denial of personal responsibility and the concept of a moral choice. There is a danger of becoming quite literally a de-moralised society, where nobody will tell the truth anymore about what is good and bad, right and wrong. That is why children are growing up without boundaries, thinking they can do as they please, and why no adult will intervene to stop them – including, often, their parents”. God’s ideology about the institution of marriage and the home has been totally forgotten.
If this can come from such a national figure from the top, it is an acceptance that the society is truly broken. The cultural change needs to start at home. The values we need to repair our broken society and to build a strong society are values that should be taught in the home, in the family. That’s why the family comes first. That’s where we can really turn things around and start to repair our broken society. That is the essence of this programme. We may not be able to change the whole world, but we can start from the little corner where we are – our HOMES, by the help of God and His Spirit.
The objective of this programme therefore is
- To bring back the glory of God and His presence into our families, so that He can shine forth in His Power, Love and Majesty.
- To make our families wonderful, blessed and happy homes.
- To ensure marital stability and the establishment of God’s Kingdom in our homes.
- To encourage stormy families and pray for their stability.Mode of Operation:
- It will be for the benefit of all Christian families and not a particular denomination.
- The operating manual shall be the Word of God (God’s manual for all human behaviour) and not culture
- It shall be mainly interactive – Practical and open minded discussions
- It will feature PRAYERS for Christian families,
- Symposia and seminars
- Case studies,
- Share and Care and
- Interviews of Christian couples etc. It is our sincere prayer that the Lord will use this programme to strengthen our families, rebuild the collapsing homes and encourage the stormy ones while taking all the glory to Himself.Once again, you are welcome.